Here's a peek at something i have been working on. I will give you more details later on. I don't want to totally ruin the surprise for the recipients yet!
well, here i am in my first ever linky party! the Valentin's Mantel Linky Party to be exact! Sponsored by The stories of A to Z and her wonderful self! Enough already...here's my Mantle... That cute little lion is Braveheart, be sure to wave hello to him! {yes, i am thiry something and i play with Webkinz !} Those darling little topiaries on the left I made several years ago and you can find a tutorial for them here . The hearts and bow I've added to my candles are all Christmas clearance I've picked up in the past! gotta love that, right? Speaking of Christmas Clearance, this wreath on my front door is also made from stuff I found at JoAnn a few weeks ago at 90% off! go me!!!! Here is my Buffet that sits in my entryway. Again, mostly Christmas Clearance, including the Pink Pears {LOVE THEM!} and the red hots {TEN cents a bag!} Yes, more webkinz, because what says Valentine's more than pink poodles???? Here's a close up....scored that Cupid at the Thrift st...
Well, my DD has been home sick from school for two days but seems to be on the mend. Hopefully she will go tomorrow. Needless to say i have not done much creatively in the past couple of days. I do have some things to show you though. This is FINALLY the last of the Valentine's Topiaries! This one took forever! You can find the instructions on how to make this here: http://sarastudio.blogspot.com/2008/01/re-purposed-valentines-topiaries.html at this wonderful blog that keeps me inspired. Here they all are together with the last mailbox i made for ME! from my Target stash! Here is the whole fireplace area...i have a little bling on the screen that says "LOVE" from the Target Dollar Spot and two red velvet bows i got from WM after Christmas on Clearance. You will also notice the white plastic cherubs...I told you they would keep showing up! Is there another holiday i can use them for ? hmmmm.... And now for a little game. Can you guess what this is? Here's a hint. I ...
OK, so after months of hanging out looking and getting ideas i finally signed up for SCS today. Also, in questing for new ideas i thought i would participate in some of the challenges so that would force me to be creative. Well, here it is. my first challenge...a kick stand card. It doesn't look like much but for some reason it took me a LONG time to do! I kept messing up the stamped image, SU!'s festive four set, and the "happy valentine's day" stamp, from Michael's $1 bin was mounted crooked, so after trying several times to stamp it straight, i finally popped it in the microwave for a few seconds and repositioned it. I think it all started with the black paper...i only had scraps so i had to build an unusual shaped card. Then i wanted to use that heart patterned paper but had no idea what else. It was very time consuming, but i am happy with how it turned out. I hope whoever i give it to likes it. always cyndi
Comments