crock pot dinner day one!


Day one into my slow cooker test. You can find the recipe Here. I will say it was easy to make. I started it Sunday evening. I browned the ground beef and chopped the veggies. I went ahead and cooked it for a few hours Sunday night and then put it in the fridge over night.
Monday morning i popped it out of the fridge to warm up a bit and put it back in the cooker...and voila! dinner was ready later that afternoon with only a little work on my part. (you add the milk and cheese toward the end) The only problem I had was that my potatoes seemed to take longer to cook, but that may be due to me splitting the cooking time. Hub and i loved it, the kids....well, I think they don't like soup in general. It was oh so cheesy, and because i cooked it so long the onions and bell pepper cooked into nothingness so they couldn't complain about "veggies". DD says she doesn't like potatoes...whatever. DS said it was good, but he didn't eat much of it. *shrug* My kids are weird when it comes to food.
Oh, also i wish it had been thicker...I tried to thicken a bit with flour...but that started turning into a disaster, so i gave up and whisked it a lot. That probably helped to break up the onions and bell pepper.
There was even enough left to put in the freezer and pull out another nite! yeee haw!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Romans 8:26

Wednesday