Christmas Tree tutorial

I have a bit of a "thing' for Christmas trees. My "white" tree "died" this year and i happened to have a "spare green one in the attic....so I put it up instead. I don't like it. All the ornies were picked specifically for a white tree and basically look icky on the green one. so, now do i get a new white tree or new ornies? decisions, decisions!

Well, this started out as a tree to go outside in a urn on the front porch, but then got way too fragile and cute for all that. it has ended up on the counter in the kids' bathroom. i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!

here's what you need:
styro cone
garland
hot glue
tons of plastic/vintage/whatever ornies

Here is my cone:
I hot glued, and wrapped the garland covering the cone. This particular garland i got a while back at the Thrift Store for less than $3 for a whole bag! I have enough left to make another tree easily. I love it...
It is this really beautiful pinkish silvery patina that is just yummy!

I had these flora picks from after Christmas clearance last year at Michael's. I loved them and dug and dug for several, even though i had no idea at the time how i would use them...

Above ^ is how they looked ...i decided the "green" had to go because it didn't match all the glittery goodness i had going on...below is the after, i just ripped it off.

here is the tree in its first stages after I stuck in the picks. Then i started adding old bulbs, plastic clearance salvaged ornies, vintage stuff i have hoarded, etc. until i ran out and had to make a trip to the Thrift store...
and HERE is the finished product!!! totally fab! I have to tell this...see that big pink pear at the top? I think it was 2 years ago, maybe last year Target had them at Christmas. I fell in love with them but they were $7.99 for FOUR! no way Jose! well i bought 2 boxes at 90% off because i just HAD to have them....and i finally used one box on this tree! yay! 79 cents put to good work!


hope you are all having fun decking your halls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Romans 8:26

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas....