Jungle Quilt

Here it is...for size reference, my son it holding it up, he's almost 9. I made this quilt for some friends of mine who just had their third baby...first girl. I had heard that the nursery was going to be done in a safari theme....they didn't find out the sex of the baby so they were going "neutral". My Mom found this vintage animal fabric at a YARD SALE for me and i built the quilt around that.

For maybe the first time EVER i am willing to show the BACK of one of my quilts. I found the best tutorial ever on hand basting instead of all those safety pins!! I don't know how to link a you tube video but if you go there and do a search for hand basting a quilt..you'll find it.



The first time i saw the tutorial i thought "as if!" but then i gave it a try and FELL IN LOVE with it. I did all the quilting on my Bernina, with the walking foot and it looks AMAZING! (the back fabric is a vintage sheet in grey i had...matched the elephants)

I got a little carried away and mad a bag to hold the quilt...leftover sheet and fabric from the quilt..
I even got crazy and made a tag...free motion quilting is not something i am good at so it is only barely legable! I wanted to do something though since i didn't put a tag on the quilt...i haven't found something i like for that yet...oh well.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Romans 8:26

Wednesday