a Jumble of Squares

Well here it is! finally. I made this quilt for a friend of mine's daughter. I meant to make it shortly after she was born. They didn't know what they were having...well, a baby of course, but not the sex! So i wanted to wait and make the quilt for the baby...and i hadn't met him or her yet!
Well, Ruthie turned 1 several months ago...and i had an idea, but no quilt.

Found out a few weeks ago that they will be having an addition to the family in about 9 months and that gave me the incentive to get in gear!
The mom of this particular Ruthie, hates all things pink and frilly. I didn't want the quilt to be too babyish...i wanted her to be able to love it for a long time. I absolutely LOVE this quilt. I didn't want to give it away!
See that 2nd square from the top in the right row? It's cherries on a blue background. That fabric has been in my stash for YEARS waiting to become something fabulous....now it is! I love those cherries and I am thrilled that at least part of them has moved on to a happy home!

I put this in so maybe you can see the quilting on the back. I am still not VERY good at machine quilting(and even worse by hand) so I like to stick with backing that won't show all the "mistakes". I love using sheets....lots of fabric for little money if you know how to shop! I am a new quilter so don't expect too much! the inspiration for this quilt...i can't find again, but the link she linked is here. It's how I made my blocks, but i altered the size a bit! super easy! and a ton of fun!

here is the tag that i am currently using on all things....my hair is blue and my BFF has red hair...people call us "Blue and Red" or "red and blue"...whatever. It stuck...but it makes me wonder what will happen when/if i change my hair color???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Romans 8:26

Wednesday