more crock pot dinners...


ok, i found a crock pot cook book on clearance at my local book store and i bought it....i love my crock pot!

I tried my first recipe from it the other night and it was a big hit!

EASY BEEF STEW

2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 in cubes

1 can (4oz) mushrooms {I used one package of fresh mushrooms chopped}

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup

1/2 cup red or white wine {I used white}

Hot cooked egg noodles.

guess what? toss it all in, except the noodles, let it cook on low 8-12 hours...and voila! dinner is ready! I did add a little sour cream and a bit of a corn starch slurry at the end to thicken it a bit and make it more like beef stroganoff, which is what it looked like to me anyway..not beef stew!

DH loved it and the kids said they liked it. but didn't eat a ton of it. There was enough left to freeze for leftovers on another day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, that is a lot of meat. 22lbs?
cyndi said…
hahaha thanks...i edited that to be the correct amount of 2 pounds!

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Romans 8:26

Wednesday