NO excess Spend Month


Ok, this is not my idea, but it is my take on it. Here is a link to where I read about it. There are 4 in my family, 2 adults and kids age 8 and 11. Our goal is to spend only $300 during the month of January on groceries, household supplies, and basically anything that is not a tithe, bill, medical expense or gasoline.  The people i have seen do this previously, have included gasoline in their monthly "budget" but I really don't see how we can cut our spending in that department so I am not including that.

We started January 1 and this is what i have spent so far:

Organic Harvest: $14.00

  • Jar of Salsa
  • Peanut Butter
  • Olive Oil
  • Local Honey
  • Chia Seeds
The cost before coupons was $27.18 but I had a $5 off of a $25 purchase and a Living social deal that cost me $10 for $20 of groceries...so when it was all said and done, it actually cost me $14.18 since I had bought the living social deal earlier in the week. I found .18 in the bottom of my purse, so I didn't take that out of my budget.

Earth Fare $2

  • organic hass avocado
  • organic carrots
I had a coupon to buy the items for $1 each. I was in the area, so I picked them up.

ALDI: $13.82

  • Organic Cheddar
  • Milk
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Sharp Cheddar
  • Hot Dog Buns
  • Bananas
  • Eggs

Publix: $27.75

  • Green Giant boxes veggies, qty 6
  • Chicken Breasts, 9 lbs


That is a total of $53.03 for my first "week." I did buy some things that I could do without, at least for a while, but they were at a VERY good price so I risked it. Everything i have read says to spend as little as possible the first week, but we will see how it goes! I plan on cleaning out my freezer this week for dinners and planning for the coming weeks with what I have in my pantry.

Are you taking the challenge? How is it going?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Wednesday

Romans 8:26