well, here i am in my first ever linky party! the Valentin's Mantel Linky Party to be exact! Sponsored by The stories of A to Z and her wonderful self! Enough already...here's my Mantle... That cute little lion is Braveheart, be sure to wave hello to him! {yes, i am thiry something and i play with Webkinz !} Those darling little topiaries on the left I made several years ago and you can find a tutorial for them here . The hearts and bow I've added to my candles are all Christmas clearance I've picked up in the past! gotta love that, right? Speaking of Christmas Clearance, this wreath on my front door is also made from stuff I found at JoAnn a few weeks ago at 90% off! go me!!!! Here is my Buffet that sits in my entryway. Again, mostly Christmas Clearance, including the Pink Pears {LOVE THEM!} and the red hots {TEN cents a bag!} Yes, more webkinz, because what says Valentine's more than pink poodles???? Here's a close up....scored that Cupid at the Thrift st...
Well, my DD has been home sick from school for two days but seems to be on the mend. Hopefully she will go tomorrow. Needless to say i have not done much creatively in the past couple of days. I do have some things to show you though. This is FINALLY the last of the Valentine's Topiaries! This one took forever! You can find the instructions on how to make this here: http://sarastudio.blogspot.com/2008/01/re-purposed-valentines-topiaries.html at this wonderful blog that keeps me inspired. Here they all are together with the last mailbox i made for ME! from my Target stash! Here is the whole fireplace area...i have a little bling on the screen that says "LOVE" from the Target Dollar Spot and two red velvet bows i got from WM after Christmas on Clearance. You will also notice the white plastic cherubs...I told you they would keep showing up! Is there another holiday i can use them for ? hmmmm.... And now for a little game. Can you guess what this is? Here's a hint. I ...
So, I think i have talked about it here, maybe not. I can't remember anymore. I am too lazy to look back and see right now. I started a while back, hmmmmm maybe a year ago? I felt like i needed to get off my crazy meds. My dose was low, lower than the "recommended" dosage. I had been on them for years!!!! and i just felt like it was time. I have a sweet, kind, amazing friend who is going through similar things and we talk about our depression, our kids and our faith. When I told her i wanted off my meds she said, "I know what you mean about having chemicals in your body, like in some ways it might make you feel better, but you don't feel like yourself and then some of the side effects really suck." That made me think. a lot. I had not seen life without the numbing grey of my antidepressants in over a decade. Who was I without the meds? What was life really like? could I handle it? would i literally fall apart?? Could i survive the withdrawal? sigh....
Comments