wishing for a space of my own...


so i just posted that i was hoping to take over some space in my kids' playroom. Secretly i look at the HUGE corner in my bedroom, the one i didn't know what to do with, the one i decided should be a cozy little nook for me, the one my DH said i could have...and the one i foolishly decided that i didn't want to put a desk in because i didn't want all that STUFF in our bedroom to kill the romance and ambiance! shaaaaaa!


Who really has that when they have young kids, or any kids at all, at home?


Well, my DH gave me $1000 to buy myself a chaise lounge. Generous i think. Well we found this one and got it for $400. This was, hmmm a year and a half ago, and i am not really sure what i did with the rest of the money....rolls eyes...i know, i know! I spent a lONG time looking for a lamp to go in the corner behind the chaise. But it needed to have a on/off switch at the top, not the bottom, and it needed to hang over the chaise, not shine up...and it needed to not be modern...and well...i don't think THE lamp exists..so i gave up hope.

I did use the chaise for a while...but now..not so much. it has a tendency to Collect things on it...lol! The one excellent use for it is that when my kids get up in the middle of the night and want in our bed...they can sleep on the chaise without actually being in our bed. James is too big and Lula is too...obnoxious when she sleeps, plus they ALWAYS want in the middle and i have waited A LOT of years to sleep with a man in my bed...and i like to sleep next to him! Plus, it is only a Queen size so not a lot of extra room.

Sorry...i lost my point..oh yeah...the space i want for myself...well i was reading a blog tonight..one of my favorite blogs Mish Mash and her newest post http://michellewooderson.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-craft-room.html is about her FAB craft room! so if you want to drool...go check it out. meanwhile i think I'll go try to unearth my chaise so i can sit on it and ponder how i am going to build me a little space...other than the closets i have crammed with stuff....WAIT !!! THE closets are right outside my kid's rooms!!! maybe i can store some of their TOYS from the playroom in the closets!!!! I am brilliant! except i am not sure i can stuff a big plastic play kitchen in a closet!


always

cyndi


now go look at that blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Romans 8:26

Wednesday