paint crazy!

So I have been looking around the Internet drooling over all the home decor blogs and its got me itching to redecorate. Threeish years with flat builder paint, and it is probably time to do it anyway.
I've decided to repaint my bed room and bath room. Here's the problem. I would LOVE to do that white on white sort of look...but my trim....is Sherwin Williams Pacer White.
^^^^^^^ doesn't look too bad here...and doesn't look too bad in my house either...but go check out a paint chip and it is a funky color. Not sure WHY the "decorators" for my builders chose that color..but i didn't have a choice in the matter. hmpf! I am really not wanting to repaint all the trim in those two rooms to change it. Really not an option...at this point. shrug.


So currently my walls are Sherwin Williams Portabello
<-------- which i did choose. My bed and bath, the hall, the kids' rooms {I did add some decorative painting over this in the kids' rooms to snazz it up} and the Living Room are all this color. I love it, but am ready for a change.
I wanted to keep my bedding. Not tired of it yet. Its a quilt from PB and has oodles of colors in it, so i didn't see a need to change it.

I really wanted to paint the walls a nice ivory, or cream or something. When i got home with all my new paint chips ....it looked horrible with my "pacer white" trim. boo!
Also, I found some new drapes that i LOVE which are a aqua/teal/blue-ish color and they made the creams look yellow and i didn't like that either. So, I ended up looking for blues that matched, but were much lighter, than the drapery. makes sense, right?



Well, today i went and got those cool little sample paints of Sherwin Williams Tidewater
<------- <-------- <------- <--------
<--------------
...
...
...
...
...
...

and Behr Aqua Breeze
<------ I've painted patches in my bath and bedroom in several different places and right now want to pull my hair out!!! When i first painted, I liked the darker one. But now, it looks too dark! {I've added another coat since i am covering such a dark color}
Also, in our last house, the master bed and bath were painted blue. I loved it, but I am not ready to repeat that 'style' again. Yes, these are really aqua-ish, but still in the blue family. grrrr!
Now, I am even considering.....a totally new direction in paint....a friend to the pacer white I'm stuck with....
.....


Sand Dollar by Sherwin Williams
<-------
sigh. Pacer White is the lightest color on the paint strip. Portabello {what i have now} is #5 out of 7. Sand Dollar is #2. Honestly it doesn't excite me, but I think i need to try it since it might give me "the look" i want and not clash with the fab drapes OR the pacer white trim. In real life, on the paint chip, it seems a little tiny bit pinkish, and a whole lot like "builder beige", but maybe it will surprise me.
The thing to consider with all this is that the time of day makes a HUGE difference in what any of these colors look like...as well as where they are located in the rooms. {because of the lighting} This is why i have swatches painted in 2 places in the bed room and in 3 in the bath. I don't think I have ever had this much trouble picking a paint color before!
The other thing that concerns me....what if i like all that white on white stuff in theory, but not in reality? I am a color person. I have an antique red {behr} kitchen and i love it! I just want soft and tranquil for my bed and bath. I have wanted white white cream white for a long time but have said that it wasn't practical.....and thought now i'd give it a whirl in my rooms. shrug. I'll keep you posted.
Comments and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated here! help!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Romans 8:26

Wednesday