a few of my favorite things...part two

This is our Advent Wreath. I use the term loosely because i don't know what else to call it, and it is round. It sits on our kitchen table where we eat dinner. Well, i guess where we usually eat dinner, or eat dinner on good nights!


I would love to tell you some great story about this being some family heirloom, but i don't have one. I purchased this several years ago from a company called ABC. I don't recall how much i paid for it, but it wasn't a whole lot.

It is sort of like a puzzle, fitting it together every year. It has to be "just so" or it won't sit right. and before you leave me comments telling me that the candles are supposed to be purple and pink, i KNOW that. I decided to go with white because the one year i spend the $8 and bought "Advent" candles, they dripped all over the wreath and i had to scrape purple wax off Joseph and the Angel! I've decided to stick with my $4 cream candles and just be "non traditional". I do have blue hair these days, so the color of my Advent candles shouldn't be the biggest shock!


hope you are having a great Holiday! this is the last week of school for my kids...y'all pray for me!
always
cyndi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Really? pass me a tissue!

Romans 8:26

Wednesday